The Family

The Family

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Waterboys/girls

Yesterday we participated in our first 10K.

Before anyone gets the wrong impression let me state that we are not runners.

We aren't bikers either - part of the race was a bike ride.

Confused?

If we didn't run or bike then you are probably wondering what we did.

We had the all-important job of manning the water table!

It's a big responsibility standing by with cups of water that spill too easily if they aren't filled to the appropriate level. You don't want to be responsible for slowing those runners down, especially those leading the pack.

Joking aside, the Love Your Heart Run/Crank Your Heart Ride benefits a great cause. Because one of my dearest friends is responsible for organizing the race, I volunteered the entire family.




It was a rain or shine event, but the rain didn't damper anyone's spirits. There were hundreds of participants.

Next year I'll make sure to have a pair of rainboots for each of us. I have no idea what happened to the two pair I used to have, but I came prepared with multiple shoes and pairs of socks (OK, so maybe I went home right before the race started to get a few more things).

Jack loved it - mud, rain, cold weather and and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment