The Family

The Family

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Canadian Train Ride

I once thought it would be a grand adventure to travel by train.

Then I heard about horrible, cramped, smelly rooms on trains and realized it might not be for me.

I put the idea aside.

Then one day, I gave birth to a precious boy that would grow to love trains.

The idea of traveling by rail suddenly had a new appeal.

After looking into numerous overnight train rides, I've come to realize that one of the best train experiences might be to travel through the Canadian Rockies on The Rocky Mountaineer.



Like some of the other destinations on my wish list, this one is probably going to have to wait a few years. From what I can tell, this is not designed with young children in mind. There are a lot of champagne and fancy dining ads for this trip. There's not a young child in sight in any of them.

This might be a good experience as we're nearing the pre-teen years. Of course by then, that boy probably won't be as fascinated by trains as he is at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment