The Family

The Family

Monday, February 11, 2013

London Museums

It may seem strange that the main reason I want to go to London is to visit museums.

That's because I saw most of what there is to see in London in 2005 when Matt and I went. I did not, however, see enough of museums.

We were on an educational tour and had about two hours of free time one day. Matt headed to one museum while I spent my two hours at the Victoria and Albert Museum.

Two hours was not enough time.

There's the British Museum, the Tate Modern, the Natural History Museum and the National Gallery I missed.

Well, maybe museums aren't the only thing I'd like to see while in London.

London has some great parks. When it's not raining, they would be wonderful places to spend the day reading, eating fish and chips and enjoying the British accents of the passersby.

I also wouldn't mind heading to the West End to catch a few shows.

I think London is totally doable with young children.

It's fairly easy to navigate the city by riding the tube.

The cuisine is also not as bad as some make it out to be. We ate a lot of pasta while there. The only thing I couldn't develop a taste for was the pepper. It had a distinctly different taste than American pepper. By about the fifth night I'd sworn it off because it made the food taste terrible to my palate.

If we do make it back to London in the next few years, I'd like to stay in an apartment in the Kensington area instead of a hotel. When you travel as a family, apartments provide more options when it comes to cooking and laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment