The Family

The Family

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Key West

If I had been writing about traveling in my early 20s, I probably would have written solely about trips to the beach.

I still love the beach. In fact, we're heading to the Gulf in a few weeks with some friends and their children.

But the older I get, the less I find myself drawn to beach destinations.

Maybe it's the age spots and lines I notice more and more everyday. It think it also has something to do with me breaking out in a weird rash on my legs and stomach the last few times I've spent more than a day in the sun at the beach???

Never the less, I'd like to spend about a month in Key West.


It's been so long since I've had a beach vacation that lasted more than a few days. As relaxing as even a few days can be, I long for the days when we can slow down for longer periods of time and enjoy life at a snail's pace.

I don't know what it is about the beach, but it seems to make you do just that.

When I was in junior high and high school, my grandparents had a condo in Panama City, Fla. I can remember spending weeks at a time there.

I would love for my own children to be able to spend more time by the water enjoying the sea air.

Key West is so remote, I think it would be the prefect place to unwind and enjoy a long vacation in the sun and sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment