The Family

The Family

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Breakfast With a View

When I get my mind set on something, it's hard to change it.

Hence the hour-long drive for breakfast this morning.

Going out for breakfast is not something we typically do. It's easier to fix breakfast at home with two young children. There's the getting dressed, going to the bathroom multiple times, changing diapers, brushing teeth, fixing a bag filled with snacks incase the wait is too long or, goodness forbid, one or both don't want to eat anything once we get to the restaurant.

I think you get the picture.

But as I was going through the fridge on Friday it became apparent that we would not have enough breakfast food to make it through the weekend. It was at that moment I began to contemplate our breakfast choices and remembered a place in Pine Mountain, Ga. that we ate at years ago called the Country Store.

The plan was in motion.



It was a good, cold morning to enjoy a huge breakfast and hot coffee.

We were able to sit in the back room, which offers a view overlooking the woods.



Jack and I both ate pancakes and bacon, plus I loaded up with sides of grits and baked cinnamon apples to share with Mattie. Matt ordered and devoured an omelet, ham, hash browns and biscuits. He's not as much as a breakfast lover as I am, but he has improved throughout the years!

Here are the kiddos, waiting on the food to arrive: 




After breakfast we enjoyed the chilly morning at the lookout point across the street.








No comments:

Post a Comment