The Family

The Family

Monday, March 25, 2013

The Glorious Final Day

A late arrival the first day, an extremely cold and windy second day and a visit to Grandma and Grandpa the third day didn't leave for much time on the beach.

That's why the radiant sunshine yesterday morning, the final day of our trip, had us re-thinking when we would be leaving.

The owner of the property had already told us that we didn't have to be in a hurry to check out.

Despite that, I could feel the internal turmoil as I wanted to let everyone enjoy the morning while at the same time trying to figure out how we could do that and make it back home before midnight.

As I jumped in the shower to get my legs swimsuit ready, I kept repeating to myself what Ann Voskamp so often says on her blog: "Life is not an emergency."

I wanted to enjoy the sunshine. And I wanted to enjoy the moments that matter most.

She loves the water!







 And he loves the sand!





So we didn't rush.

We were the last ones to leave.

We enjoyed a final seafood meal on our way out of Gulf Shores.

And we made it home well before midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment