The Family

The Family

Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Song of Ice and Fire

I've often referred to the books I've been reading as the Game of Thrones series. That's not its official name.

"A Game of Thrones" is the first book in the series, and it is the name of the HBO show, but the books are actually part of the series called A Song of Ice and Fire.

I'm currently reading the third of five books. Two more books, which would bring the total to seven, are supposed to be published before this series ends. The only problem is that a lot of die-hard fans are worried the author is going to die before he can finish them.

He's not sick. He's just getting older, and it's taking him forever to finish the books.

That's the reason I started reading this series in the first place. A tad morbid, but true.

I figured if readers are so ticked off at him because they are afraid someone else is going to have to finish the series because he isn't going to live long enough to complete it, or, goodness forbid, the series just ends without the completion of the final two books, they must be worth the read.

They are.

EXCEPT, I can't stand what he is doing to the Starks.

I want him to be able to finish these books to restore the Starks. And if he doesn't finish them or has no plans in mind to restore this family, I think I just might have to burn my copies (just joking, I would never burn a book - though I did come close to chunking "A Storm of Swords" last week).

No comments:

Post a Comment