The Family

The Family

Monday, March 18, 2013

Packing Procrastination

Last week, the university I work for was on spring break.

Instead of a trip, we spent the week at home.

We have, however, made plans with friends to go to the beach at the end of this week.

Seeing as I had extra time on my hands last week, one would think I would be prepared for the upcoming trip.

Not the case!

The idea of having extra time seems to create the illusion that there is plenty of time to get things done, which in turn leads to procrastination on my end. Especially when it comes to packing.

Part of that has worked in my favor because had I packed last week, I would have included a lot of items we won't get much use out of based on the current weather forecast.

It's just now, three days out, I'm trying to figure out when I'm going to have the time to pack so we can leave first thing Thursday morning.

Maybe tomorrow morning will be kind and run smoothly enough for me to begin the process. Then again, it may be a late night Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment