The Family

The Family

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Birthday Girl


I breathe in your sweet scent.

I chuckle at your enormous laugh.

I cherish your tender hugs. 

There’s so much love in my heart I feel at times as if it might burst.

You, my beautiful daughter, will be a year old tomorrow.

Your brother, your protector, loves you more than I think you could possibly know. He sometimes cries when you are upset out of fear you are hurt. The idea that his baby sister could be in pain or is scared is more than he can stand.

Even at four, he wants you to know you can always run to him for comfort. His love will someday teach you how a real man SHOULD treat you.

You make your father smile in a way that words don’t adequately describe. Sheer delight registers on his face each time he walks through the door and you reach for him. For a man, nothing makes his heart swell more than knowing he is his daughter's true love.

There is so much I want to tell you, so much I want to share. Most of that will wait.

For now you are too young to know about mean girls, bad boys, insecurity and the disappointments life will scatter along your path.

For now you are the daughter that loves to sleep beside me. You are the precious babe that showers me with kisses. You are the girl that loves to bounce up and down in my arms to the music.

Oh daughter, the flesh of my flesh. You are my joy. You are my love. You are my precious gift from above.

Please know you are beautiful.

Please know you are a blessing.

Please know you are loved by God.

Please know you are and always will be good enough exactly the way you are.

1 comment: