The Family

The Family

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Busy September

If all goes according to schedule, it looks like we'll be on the road a lot in September.

We have plans to spend Labor Day weekend with my husband's grandparents. They've only seen baby girl in person one time, so they can't wait for us to come down.

A few weeks after that, the children and I will be going with my mother-in-law to hear Jimmy Carter preach.

Ever since we went to Mount Rushmore a couple months back, the little boy has a new obsession fascination: presidents.

We are reading a series of books on each president. His favorite, like most kids, is Abraham Lincoln.  He is constantly drawing pictures of the presidents and asking others non-stop questions to test their presidential knowledge. He even has president flash cards that he lines up in the correct order (I told you it was an obession fascination).
 
When my mother-in-law mentioned that hearing President Carter preach might be something the little boy would get a kick out of, I jumped at the chance.

I'm not sure he'll find it as exciting as it seems now once he realizes it is church, and he has to be quiet. And I'm beginning to wonder if I'll get to even hear any of the sermon because I'll be doing my best to keep a baby quiet.

Nonetheless, I can't wait to go. It's not everyday you get the chance to be in the same room as a former U.S. president!

After that adventure, we want to head to D.C. at month's end. What better place for someone with an obsession fascination for presidents to go than our nation's capital.

No comments:

Post a Comment