The Family

The Family

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Somewhere in Middle America

We've been on the road now for two days.

Last night saw us in Bowling Green, Kentucky. I was hoping to snap a picture of the super moon, but didn't want to walk through the hotel in my pajamas. I planned to stay up so I could at least view it from our hotel window. I got in the bed to rest and the next thing I knew it was 1:21 in the morning. Oh well, maybe next year.

Tonight finds us in Columbia, Missouri. As I type this I can hear the wind howling outside our room. Being from the deep south means I'm uncomfortably familiar with thunderstorms and tornadoes. We've dodged bad weather thus far, and I'm hoping this nasty line of storms passes us by here too.

We took our time more today and stopped for about three hours in St. Louis. It was a welcome break from the car.



We enjoyed getting to see the Gateway Arch up close. My favorite part was the shaded walkway there on the riverfront where baby girl dozed in her stroller while the little man and the hubby did some running.

The temperature in the car read 94 degrees when we arrived in St. Louis, and it felt like it. I'm ready for some cooler temps come South Dakota!

No comments:

Post a Comment