The Family

The Family

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Market

You would think I get enough fresh fruits and vegetables from our weekly CSA program, but I couldn't resist making a trip to the farmer's market on campus to see what was there.

Today was the beginning of the Thursday afternoon market that will last through August.

All of my favorite vendors, except one, were there. I go armed with a $20 bill and try to pick up one or two things at each of their tables. Some days I even have leftover change.

Not today.

 We left with lots of fresh stuff and no money.

These peaches are what I was hoping to find!


I had only $2 left, so the sweet couple selling them took a few potatoes out of this $3 basket

These cucumbers will go great with some or our CSA onions from last week mixed with tomatoes and Italian dressing
I love to dice and bake sweet potatoes
I can't recall seeing plums at the market in years past, at least with this vendor, so I wanted to give them a try

No comments:

Post a Comment