The Family

The Family

Friday, May 18, 2012

A Note on Where We Stayed


We spent our five-and-a-half days in Rapid City, S.D., at Lake Park Campground and Cottages. 

I didn’t do a good job of taking pictures, but here’s what I did capture.

This was our two-bedroom cottage:


View from the outside


Somewhat of a view from the inside

 Every evening about 6 pm we saw these visitors:






If you can't tell from these images, and it's likely you can't, those are deer. I seriously need a better camera now that I have a blog.

I found out about this place from VRBO.com (Vacation Rentals By Owner). I wanted to be able to stay where I could cook and wash clothes. I’ve found with children, especially one with a dairy allergy, that having our own kitchen makes things easier. There was also a laundromat on site, so we were able to pack a few sets of clothes to wash and re-wear on our long 12-day adventure.


The property is located next to a large public lake and park. The little boy loved the sandbox excavator there.There was also a small, private playground on site at the property. 

I think the people that manage the grounds must live on site, which is always helpful incase there are problems. I'm happy to report we didn't have problems, but I did need their assistance multiple times in changing out bills for quarters for the laundry.

Each cottage has its own grill on the front porch. We were lucky in that our cottage had a tub (a lot come with only showers). Anyone with small children knows that tubs are much easier for bathing. Thanks to Scott for pointing this out in an e-mail he sent when I inquired about booking the place months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment