The Family

The Family

Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Land Before Time

In a few days the little boy will have a birthday.

He's been adamant about not wanting a party this year, so I decided to spend the money I would have spent on a party on doing something new to his room.

He loves all things dinosaur and shark related. He wanted his room decorated in both, but I asked him to choose between the two. He made his final decision last month.

Dinosaurs won out.

My brother and his wife planned to come this morning to paint. Besides being a great cook, my sister-in-law is also a fantastic artist. However, a sore throat kept them at home (I strongly suspect the real culprit was a late night out after a wedding yesterday).

So instead, my wonderful husband drew pictures and we took turns painting. We've got one happy little boy tonight.

I kept calling it a pterodactyl; the little boy says it's a pteranodon
The massive brachiosaurus
This is my favorite. (L-R Spinosaurus, T-Rex, Triceratops, Gigantosaurus)
We marked a small space on the wall for the little boy to draw and then paint his own dinosaurs. It is his room after all, and he wanted in on the fun too!

We're no artists, and I'm sure what my sister-in-law could have done would have looked better, but it didn't turn out too shabby.



No comments:

Post a Comment