The Family

The Family

Monday, May 20, 2013

Good Book Finds

I'm not one to pass up a good book.

I saw two on a table in Waterbury, Vermont last week that I knew I was unlikely to come across again.

I love old books with sage advice from the past. This one has a lot of old wives' tales, facts and games related to seasons of the year and holidays.



I bought the book, first published in 1887, hoping Mattie might someday like it. If it doesn't interest her, I'll  hang on to it.

This one is a humorous reminder for the children about our trip to Vermont. I picked it up mainly because Mattie loves dogs, but then realized Jack can also practice his reading with this one!


Matt got a real kick out of this page where the dogs greet each other upon meeting for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment