The Family

The Family

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

CSA Wednesday and A Run Through the Sprinkler

It was a great day to bring out the sprinkler and let the kids play, play, play.

This shark-loving boy of mine was outfitted in his shark swimsuit to match the sprinkler he got a few years back.

Mattie was unsure at first.


When she reached out to touch the water the first few times, it splashed in her face. She almost cried, but I kept telling her it was ok, and before I knew it she was laughing and running back and forth from the sprinkler to me repeating: "It's ok, it's ok mommy."


It was too cute listening to her sweet voice say it again and again. If she said it once, she said it a hundred times!

As soon as her brother took off running through the sprinkler, she quickly followed suit.




After coming in and drying off, we headed to a local farm to pick up produce as part of a weekly Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. Here's what we got today:


Don't let the carton fool you - these truly are farm-fresh eggs
I'm loving all the lettuce because I've been in the mood for salads lately
Tomorrow will be my first-ever attempt at pickling beets

No comments:

Post a Comment