The Family

The Family

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Whatever Happened to the Milk Man?

Did anyone else have a milk man growing up?

Ours came on Saturday morning.

He brought us milk, chips, onion dip, cottage cheese and a host of other things. I, for one, would love to see the concept of the milk man make a comeback!

The topic of the milk man started last night when I asked Matt to pick up some onion dip. He had no clue what I was talking about.

I'm still not sure how he didn't know what I meant by onion dip (who doesn't love onion dip?), but alas, he found some.

When we were eating dinner tonight he asked if he got the right thing.

That's when I began to reminisce about the Barber's onion dip our milk man would deliver.

When I mentioned that we once had a milk man, Jack asked the obvious question.

What's a milk man?

After an explanation, Matt asked the next obvious question.

Whatever happened to the milk man?

Walmart was my reply.

When in doubt, Walmart is easy to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment