The Family

The Family

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

If You're Ever in Pensacola

One of my favorite places to eat while in Pensacola is the New Yorker Deli.

It's actually within walking distance of Grandma and Grandpa's house.

I first tried this restaurant when the little boy and I visited a few years back. I was delighted when I found out how good the food was, but not happy with the hubby's family for holding out on me about this place. In all fairness, I should say they didn't know how good it was because they'd never tried it (a fact I still can't believe).

We stopped by again on our way into town this past Saturday, and I had the best cup of gazpacho I've ever eaten. It had enough onion to taste, but no so much that it overpowered everything else. I think it was the finely chopped cucumber that set it apart from other gazpacho soups I've had.

There is plenty to chose from - salads, pasta, sandwiches, a kid's menu and dessert. While a large menu usually leaves me disillusioned and frustrated, I've never had trouble picking out an entree at the deli. I've also never been disappointed in my choice!



No comments:

Post a Comment