The Family

The Family

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

We spent most of yesterday afternoon on campus at the 24th annual pumpking carving contest.

I'm not sure how it's been going on for 24 years and this was the first time I'd heard anything about it. It's safe to bet I probably did hear about it, but since I didn't care anything about carving pumkins until I had kids, I likely ignored it.






There were some serious folks doing some serious carving!


This guy was slowly drilling off the outer layer of the pumpkin - We never saw his finished creation because he was drilling every time we walked by

Most of the pumpkins were displayed in a tire spider web that wrapped around the wall.




The one in the top right corner that looks like it has a tongue poking out was the little boy's favorite


Cinderella's carriage was my favorite - The carver was working on Prince Charming as we passed by
At 6 pm the Jack-O-Lanterns were lit and the place got crowded.



No comments:

Post a Comment