The Family

The Family

Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Favorite Things

“I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don’t feel so bad.”
                                                -Julie Andrews in “The Sound of Music”


I may have mentioned I’m somewhat of an introvert.

By nature I prefer to be at home reading, spending time with my husband and kids or gathering with small groups of friends.

Lucky me then that this weekend was a mix of some of my favorite things.

There were sparse moments of silence which offered time to read in order to renew my mind and spirit.

There was bedtime chatter with the little boy.

There was listening to little priss pretend both to talk on the phone and read.

There was a Halloween party where we gathered with our dearest friends and their kids. It was sheer mayhem, but a whole lot of fun! 

There was Sunday lunch with some of the hubby's family, followed by a late afternoon nap in the car for the little boy, little priss and myself.

There should be a movie playing as I snuggle up to the hubby on the couch, but the nap messed that up. It's too hard to get it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment