The Family

The Family

Friday, October 5, 2012

A Trip Not Taken

Today we planned on going on a field trip with other families in our homeschool group.

Sickness stopped that.

While I was looking forward to meeting some of the other families, I must admit I was glad to have a reason to back out.

I'd been wavering about today's trip most of the week. One moment I had decided that we needed time to stay home and be together. The next moment I was putting a guilt trip on myself about the need to get more involved with homeschool activities.

I put this kind of needless pressure on myself often. In a desire to create relationships with others, I say yes too quickly without thinking through what is best for the children. Though my initial motives may be just, I find myself planning too much in a short timespan and then wonder why I'm so stressed???

One of the many reasons I decided to homeschool was my desire to provide my children with a slower pace of life.

This week has me re-evaluating activities, just as Erin from Home With the Boys, explained in a blog post earlier this week.

It's time to slow down. I feel like this past month's adventures have been great for the little boy, but I'm not feeling as connected to little priss as I'd like.

I hate it that sickness was the ultimate determinate in not going on the field trip today. I wish I would have backed out earlier in the week based on my initial feelings and not because little priss came down with a fever yesterday.

This doesn't mean we won't be going anywhere. It just means that this travel lover and homebody (strange mix, I know) isn't going to push it as much these next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment