The Family

The Family

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Where to Next?


We were barely through with one trip before I began thinking about the next.

While in Chicago I longed for New York, the city I love more than any other. I was trying to talk myself into a quick trip in August until I realized I was forcing it, and trying to force anything usually doesn’t turn out well. 

The hubby didn’t like the idea of New York in August. I was okay with that because I figured I could get someone else to go with us to help me with two children.

Then I started thinking about navigating New York with luggage, a carseat, a stroller and a baby with a dairy allergy - that means I would HAVE TO go to the grocery story (probably more than once). I reluctantly concluded that New York might be more exhausting than exhilarating.

I also thought about North Carolina’s Outer Banks, but after the drive to South Dakota, I didn't relish the thought of 12 plus hours in the car. 

I was beginning to think that a late summer trip wasn't in the cards until I came across a high school classmate’s blog about a recent trip she and her family took to St. Augustine, FL.  Because she has seven kids, I knew this place would be child friendly. It’s also 6.5 hours away.

After checking out a St. Augustine website, I was impressed.

I've never put much thought into what our nation's oldest city could be, but it appears St. Augustine is it.

I’m thinking St. Augustine might be a good August trip.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously doubt it will disappoint! We did enjoy the richness of it and the affordability!

    ReplyDelete