The Family

The Family

Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Day in Chicago


We spent one night in Chicago on our way back from South Dakota. 

It was just the charge I needed.

I always feel rejuvenated by a visit to a large city. When I planned our South Dakota trip, I knew that after many days on the road, this place would be what I was looking for to re-fuel. 

We lucked out in that our hotel was located across the street from a public park. After hours in the car, sliding was the perfect remedy for a squirmy little boy.

I was thrilled to see a Topshop just around the corner from our hotel. I didn’t know Chicago, or America for that matter, had a Topshop. The downside was I felt too old to buy any of the clothes. There were some great dresses, but I don’t have anywhere to wear them these days.

To me, the best part of the quick stay was room service for dinner and breakfast. I’m one of those people that HAS to eat breakfast, and it doesn’t get much better than a Ritz breakfast. It's also nice having a large breakfast that you, yourself, didn't have to spend an hour in the kitchen cooking.

I probably should have waited until after eating supper before placing the breakfast order, though. You might say I went a tad overboard. 

After breakfast we headed to the Shedd Aquarium. This was the hubby and little boy's favorite part of our Chicago stay. The little man is still talking about it.

As we walked around the aquarium, I kept hinting that another night in Chicago would be great. Sadly, it was not to be. The hubby had to be back at work. 

Oh well, at least I know where to stay next time we’re in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment