The Family

The Family

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yard Update

He proved me wrong.

I bluntly, maybe adamantly is more accurate, told my husband I didn’t think he would do it.
I love the man. However, like most men I know, he puts things off.

He’s patient, but a procrastinator; I’m no procrastinator, but my patience is lacking.
I figured this would be one of many things that would not get done until I harped on it so much he would do it to get me to be quiet.

A few weeks ago when we had our backyard landscaped, I wanted to add a small fountain for the little boy, and later for baby girl, to enjoy. I’ve noticed during these past four years how much he and almost every other child we come across is drawn to any type of water feature.
Seeing that I wanted it for play purposes, I was against having a cord plugged into an outlet.

After many discussions, we decided the way to do it was to try a solar pump. He was told by a local flower shop employee that a solar pump would never work.

This is when the doubt about the fountain becoming reality started creeping in.

However, in the hubby’s quest to please the little man and me, he found a solar pump that works and works well.
Then, on Friday, he came home with this massively heavy rock that he and his co-workers spent the day drilling a hole into.



It is now our backyard fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment