The Family

The Family

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Is This Our Yard?


Our backyard





Only it’s not the backyard we are accustom to.
Here’s what it looked like the past six years:












Nada
How blah does it get?

This pile of stone we now call our patio provided a lot of entertainment for the little boy. It tickled me to listen to him and the hubby pretending to find fossils. He kept telling me he was finding skeletons in all the pieces.





We’ve lived six years in this neighborhood where all the houses are too close to one another, and there is next to no backyard. The empty feeling of the backyard had been bothering me for a while, but having so little to work with isn’t much of a motivating factor.

Not being much of a gardener also had something to do with my trepidation to plant. I know next to nothing about plants, bushes and flowers or how to keep them alive. I think I’ll one day catch the gardening bug, but it hasn’t hit yet. So, we paid someone to give us this transformation.









I can't wait to see the blooms on these azaleas next spring.
A bit of erosion control by our fence with the stone pad and the stone broken into small pieces and placed under the gutter.

Nothing like a tax refund put to good use. 

1 comment: