The Family

The Family

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Chicago

We're here, and it is definitely windy!

I was worried a few weeks ago about coming to Chicago at this time of year because I was afraid the heat would be stifling. I guess we lucked out because it's in the 70s and so windy that when you're in the shade it's actually cool.

We've already hit the Shedd Aquarium today. I'm writing this as Mattie naps in our room and as Jack and Matt hang out across the hall in Matt's mom's room putting together some Legos Jack got at the aquarium gift shop.

My mother-in-law decided to fly out to meet and play with us for a couple of days. It's always nice to have a helping hand.

I've been too busy taking it all in and keeping up with two excited children to take a single picture.

We made it to Chicago about 4 yesterday afternoon and enjoyed a walk and dinner. We made great time in the car on the drive up.

I'm soooooo glad we drove. It gave me time to pay more attention to Jack. Mattie's still at the age where she needs so much from me that I feel as if I'm always telling Jack to hold on or to wait. Too often, I never get around to answering that question he had or doing that thing he was asking about:-(.

It was nice being able to connect on HIS level and laughing and listening to this precious boy of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment