The Family

The Family

Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Note on Where We Stayed

If you are ever in Chicago, you should check out Hotel Indigo.


I would have never known about it had it not been for a chance encounter with a friend. About a month ago she mentioned she had just returned from Chicago. I mentioned we were about to go to Chicago, and I was having a hard time finding decent prices on hotel rooms.

She told me to check out Hotel Indigo.

Later that night I did and booked our room the next day. I got it for $500 less than any other hotel I had checked on in Chicago.


It's a boutique hotel located on N. Dearborn Parkway and is within walking distance of many, many great restaurants. It's also a few blocks from Oak Street, where some serious shopping gets done. Not to mention how close it is to the most famous street in Chicago: Michigan Avenue.

Even though we had our car, we ended up taking the bus to almost everywhere we went. We would walk to Michigan, or State Street, and hop on a line. Matt and I bought a $20, 3-day pass for us. The children rode free.

I mentioned in an earlier post that the hotel had a great breakfast menu. The restaurant is open at night too, but there's too many good places in Chicago to just stay at the hotel and eat.



The staff was friendly and accommodating. I requested that our room be cleaned by a specific time each day so that Mattie wouldn't be disturbed while napping, and they were happy to oblige.

No comments:

Post a Comment