The Family

The Family

Monday, June 3, 2013

New York, I Love You

It was one hot weekend in New York.



The heat didn't matter much to me. It had been too long since I roamed the streets of this city I love.

All I wanted was a couple of days to be there to smell and walk and eat and share the city with those I love most. As usual, it was wonderful.

We spent Saturday at the American Museum of Natural History and in Central Park.

We spent Saturday night sitting on the indoor window ledge looking at the skyline and the lights and the cabs and talking about how much we loved the museum and how much fun it was to be in New York.

We strolled the streets of the upper west side on Sunday morning and let Mattie enjoy pointing out all the dogs strolling with their owners.

I didn't want to leave. I kept trying to think of a way to stay for one more day.

A love of New York is one of the many things I hope I can pass along to my children. A love of travel in general is one of the things that I delight in. It's part of my personality, and it's one of the ways I've found I can relax and have fun with my children.

New York isn't for everyone, but for me and my clan, it's a destination worth returning to again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment