The Family

The Family

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hot Chocolate

The Big Bang Theory is getting to me.

It has me contemplating the scientific properties of hot chocolate and how best to determine the ways to drink it.

Seriously.

We've had hot chocolate - with marshmallows of course - the past two nights. Several questions came to mind as I was making and drinking it.

  • Does the water that's mixed with the hot chocolate heat quicker in a large pan when the water is shallow? 
  • In a small pan with deep water? 
  • Or is there no difference? Matt and I both think the water dispersed in a larger pan will heat quicker. We devised an experiment to test it out next time we make hot chocolate.  

 I'm not even kidding.

  • When is the optimal time to put the marshmallows into the hot chocolate so that they won't melt too quickly, but so that you still get to drink it hot?
  • What is the perfect liquid to mallow ratio?

No comments:

Post a Comment