It has me contemplating the scientific properties of hot chocolate and how best to determine the ways to drink it.
We've had hot chocolate - with marshmallows of course - the past two nights. Several questions came to mind as I was making and drinking it.
- Does the water that's mixed with the hot chocolate heat quicker in a large pan when the water is shallow?
- In a small pan with deep water?
- Or is there no difference? Matt and I both think the water dispersed in a larger pan will heat quicker. We devised an experiment to test it out next time we make hot chocolate.
I'm not even kidding.
- When is the optimal time to put the marshmallows into the hot chocolate so that they won't melt too quickly, but so that you still get to drink it hot?
- What is the perfect liquid to mallow ratio?