The Family

The Family

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Adventures All Her Own

I watch this sweet baby girl of mine and I see how ready she is to go. In the past week she has begun to pull herself up to her knees in both her pack-n-play and crib. She wants to pull all the way up, but hasn't managed to plant her feet firmly beneath her. While on her stomach she is pulling her knees beneath her in an effort to crawl.

It's all happening so fast. Too fast this second time around!

I've heard people talk about the differences in their children. Right now I'm in the midst of discovering this for myself. Her brother didn't do these things as fast, or so it seems to me now four years later. The time with him has gone by fast, but now that she is here, her time seems to be going even faster. She's ready to move, ready to stand and soon it will be ready to walk and explore the world in her own ways. I don't want to jump too far ahead, but it makes me think of all the things she will one day do on her own. There's both a joy and a sense of sadness to that. I know that one day she will be ready to do most things on her own and her feet will carry her away from me. For now, I love how all her movements bring her toward to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment