The Family

The Family

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Rainy Day on Kiawah

A rainy day on Kiawah Island, S.C., led my husband to announce we were going for a drive. Charleston was about 30 minutes away, so we decided to head in that direction.

I didn't expect to find anything to do with the children in Charleston. Matt and I visited there on our second anniversary, and I couldn't recall anything to do for kids.

That's because I didn't have kids at the time, and didn't pay attention to the kind of stuff that gives me so much pleasure now and would have back then had I thought better about how to spend a worthwhile vacation.

Before we were even out of the parking lot at a Kiawah restaurant, I'd discovered the South Carolina Aquarium.









After leaving the aquarium I wanted to kill some more time before heading to dinner. We hit the GPS "attractions" button and discovered the Charleston Museum, which claims to be our country's first museum, less than a mile away.

This place, by far, was so much more awesome than we could have imagined.








Two places we had no idea existed hours before made a rainy day in Kiawah our most spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment