The Family

The Family

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

CSA Wednesday

Finally!

It's the time of year when we begin picking up produce and other goodies at a local farm as part of a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. The program is starting several weeks later than usual because of this year's cold weather.

Here's what we got today:

Yummy Strawberries

Those farm-fresh eggs I love so much
I also purchased three whole chickens that aren't part of the CSA share. Another farmer is raising chickens on the land. They are antibiotic free, which really appeals to me. The best part is that they go ahead and clean out all the insides so I'm not left with the yucky task. I bought one a few weeks ago and stuffed the inside with lemon, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.

It was DELICIOUS!

I think I'm going to add bacon strips on top this go around as Barefoot Contessa's recipe calls for.

No comments:

Post a Comment