The Family

The Family

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

All About Bees

With the weather changing, flowers blooming and swarms of bees hanging out in our backyard and at local parks, it's a great time of year to learn more about nature's buzzing, and sometimes furry, friends.

I wish I could take credit for the idea, but it was my 6-year-old son, after spending a Saturday afternoon spent mostly in fear trying to avoid them, who said it would be a good idea to learn more about bees so as not to be so frightened.

Makes a lot of sense!

There are great unit studies on bees, some free online, but I found an interesting website, and we used that to spend Monday talking about and then drawing a handful of the many different species of bees.


We spent yesterday learning specifically about bumblebees.



I'm not sure how long this interest will continue, but we'll be moving on to honey bees if it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment