The Family

The Family

Friday, March 11, 2016

Waiting on Spring


We took a blanket, picnic basket and Chick-Fil-A to a lawn on our local campus. The hope was to find signs of spring. While the temperature is screaming spring has sprung, the buds and blossoms aren't all there yet.

It was a good afternoon spent with one another, and my grandmother, roaming the lawn looking at the trees, finding sticks and acorns and sketching some of what we found.








We also took advantage of the kid's meal book found in our lunch bags.  I've found that if I try to push these kinds of moments on the children they resist. The key was waiting to see if either of them would present the book to me. I left it out on the picnic table, and just as we were about to pack up, Mattie asked me to read it. It was fun for all answering true or false to the questions posed in this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment