The Family

The Family

Thursday, April 9, 2015

My First Podcast

Three week's ago was the first time I ever listened to a podcast.

EVER.

Of course I would be listening to one about reading.

The title of the podcast, "Read-Aloud Revival," is all about reading good books and reading them with your children, of all ages, aloud.

While the host and the conversations she's had so far are all related to people that homeschool, the idea of reading aloud isn't confined to just homeschoolers.

I've yet to get through a podcast uninterrupted. It's more like I get to listen to snippets at a time during the day, pause, then play again when I have a spare minute or two.

I've listened to the first three podcasts and each time I glean insights about good books. We're even going to try our first audio books on an impromptu road trip the children and I will be taking this weekend.

The most valuable lesson thus far has been the encouragement to keep reading aloud because of the the memories made through hearing a story spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment