The Family

The Family

Monday, September 1, 2014

FAO Schwarz Style


There are few places more magical than a toy store.

Say what you want about consumerism and a material culture, but a visit to a toy store will put a smile on a child's face every time.

My own memories of toy store visits as a child are nothing less than sheer delight.

So what was I to say, when one year ago, Jack asked if he could spend his 7th birthday in New York at a toy store?

I initially laughed it off. Then I thought, why not?

That's why we headed to New York last week to celebrate birthday number 7, and we did it in FAO Schwarz style.

There should be no surprise that we left with a LOT of Legos.




My dancer and I had to try out the "Big" piano.




Jack got to demonstrate the coolest paper airplanes ever!



Spider Man roamed the aisles.



And, of course, we couldn't leave without letting little miss pick out something as well.



The only disappointment was that some of our family members coming to celebrate with Jack had to back out at the last minute. I guess that means we'll just have to go back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment