The Family

The Family

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

All Things Kennedy

Massachusetts loves its Kennedy sons and daughters. None more so than the late president.

When I was in junior high my obsession with all things Kennedy began. Though it has waned through the years, I still desired visiting Hyannis Port to see the Kennedy summer home.

When planning our recent trip I couldn't pass up the chance to stay in the town where the Kennedys, at least those of older generations, spent so much time growing up.

When we arrived at our cottage and walked to the nearby beach, I thought the house I could see at the end resembled what I'd seen in pictures. It wasn't until we set out to find the house itself a few days later that I realized it was indeed the house I'd been looking at all week.



There's also a JFK memorial park and a JFK museum in Hyannis. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to the museum because Mattie was so sick.

We did, however, make it to the JFK Library in Boston our first day. From the moment I walked into the building until the moment we left I was constantly tearing up. It was by far my favorite part of the trip.







No comments:

Post a Comment