The Family

The Family

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Michael C. Carlos Museum


The Micheal C. Carlos Museum on the campus of Emory University in Atlanta, though small, houses unique and interesting treasures.

The museum offered free admission and extended hours yesterday, so we made the drive to check it out

Here's some of what was on display:






I was recently researching nearby museums that had Egyptian artifacts and this one popped up. Once I realized they had the special offer for free and extended hours for yesterday, I figured it was as good a time as any.

When we got to the Egyptian Gallery, I thought Jack was going to burst with excitement.





The piece de resistance.





Mattie was less than thrilled with all the scary mummy stuff, but she did take to all the colors in one gallery.




I could have spent hours in the Grecian Gallery. This mosaic hanging above an elegant sarcophagus was my favorite piece.

 

After leaving the museum we walked across Emory's beautiful campus and went for dinner and ice cream nearby.  We had no sooner left the museum when Jack was asking to go back!

We ended up spending the night at a nearby hotel so that I wouldn't feel like we had to rush. I'll post more on that tomorrow because it was interesting, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment