The Family

The Family

Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Trip To Disney

Ever wondered about trying to go to Walt Disney World when it's not crowded?

I can say from experience that the week after Thanksgiving is not it. So much for Disney being dead then. Word must have gotten out

We spent our three days at the Magic Kingdom.


We took Jack when he was 2, and I wanted to have the same experience with Mattie. Is she going to remember anything about it?  No. But Matt and I will.

Her joy was worth every penny.







Jack, however, was not so excited this time around. He is old enough to remember this trip, which could prove problematic if we return. I had a feeling he wasn't going to be one for the rides, and boy was I right.  He rode them, but he didn't enjoy them. He's definitely not an amusement park kind of kid.

He wasn't all frowns. We got some smiles from time to time.



His favorite thing by far was the Lego store inside Downtown Disney. Talk about little boy heaven!


The best thing about Downtown Disney is that there is plenty to do (no rides though) without an entrance fee.

A lot of people have asked me about the children being big enough for the rides. At Magic Kingdom there are maybe only three rides that have a height limit. Everything else is open to kids of all ages and sizes. I can't tell you how many parents were boarding Dumbo or Aladdin's Magic Carpets with infants.

Speaking of the magic carpet ride, this was one that both of my children loved.


Ignore the enormous sunglasses. I lost mine and had to pick up some in one of the shops at our hotel.
Mattie liked the rides as long as they were outdoors. As soon as we boarded a ride that moved inside, she got scared.

There are so many different ways to enjoy Disney and tons of hotels and plans to choose from that there is no one way, or right way, to go about planning a trip.

I would, however, want to avoid Disney in late summer. It was warm enough when we were there. I can't imagine how stifling hot it would be in July or August. You never know, though. That might be what it takes to keep the crowd at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment