The Family

The Family

Monday, September 9, 2013

New Bedtime Routines

We've established some new nighttime rituals.

Only one of these has been intentional on my part.

First, we've started reading again before bedtime. While it doesn't happen every night, I try to get in a chapter from "Leading Little Ones to God" two to three times each week.





Each chapter is about a page. I then attempt to talk about it more with Jack while Mattie flips through the pages.

On the nights we don't read, I get a kick out of listening to my little singer. Her nighttime favorites are Jesus Loves Me and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Start.

It's precious! Jack has never been one to belt out a tune, so I'm loving this with Mattie. Some nights she sings her renditions 20-30 times.

The last ritual began just last week, so I'm not sure it qualifies as a routine yet. Jack and I have decided we are going to set aside one night each week to watch a movie together in bed!

I would prefer those nights fall on a Friday or Saturday, but we'll see how it pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment