The Family

The Family

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lego Mania

Be careful what you wish for.

I've been reminded of this as of late.

A few years ago I was eager for Jack to get into a Lego phase. Don't ask me why because I certainly wasn't prepared for all it would entail.

This past year it became his latest obsesssion.

I am no Lego builder. I've tried and tried, but my brain doesn't work that way.

And the hundreds upon hundreds of tiny pieces. My word.

A few months ago I banished all the Lego pieces, instructions, boxes, etc. etc. to the upstairs guest room. Every few days I have to remind Jack of this when I begin to spot the pieces infesting the living room.

He's currently into anything related to "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit," but Star Wars is starting to intrigue him.

I have to admit a lot of these ARE pretty cool once you see them put together. Matt helps Jack and has even taught him how to follow the instructions. This impressed me because I often can't make heads or tails of them. I'm pleasantly surprised when I see what Jack has gotten together on his own.

Even though Matt himself likes Legos, and it's a fun way for father and son to bond, I think the past few days have about done him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment