The Family

The Family

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

What I've Been Reading

After the disappointment in the fall related to my reading selections, I was so glad to find so many books that are speaking to me. Here's what I've devoured since Christmas:

I liked this book; I really did. It's just I think most of what Ann Voskamp had to say could have been condensed to about four chapters.


I cannot say enough about this book. Read it. Read it now! The writing style of Strout reminded me so much of Ben Lerner's "10:04" in which you are saying to yourself the entire time: "This really happened." "This had to have happened to this author."

Another page turner!



I LOVE THIS WOMAN! Her wisdom, insight and raw truth hit this almost 40-something woman in all the right places.

Because I love her writing and unique way of crafting a story so much, I picked up this one too. A lot of the stories from "I Remember Nothing" are reprinted here, and, of course, I'm re-reading them.

There are so many instances when I have stopped and read a passage three or four times to let it sink in. I'll share with you my current mood, directly from the words of the master herself:








No comments:

Post a Comment