The Family

The Family

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Fall Reading

In terms of reading, this fall has been a major disappointment. I quit Bradberry's "Farewell Summer" 19 pages in. This one was a random pick off the library shelf - not on my extensive "To Read" list- so I felt no guilt when I put this book down.
I feel a throwback to Damon Wayans and David Alan Greer from the Show "In Living Color" is needed to describe my feelings on "The Casual Vacancy." HATED IT!

And I don't even know where to start with "The Girl on the Train." HATED IT! There is such hype about this novel, and I was more than disappointed by this book. I was disgusted. There was no redeeming quality in any character.
The one book I have liked so far, "The Nightingale," is the story of two sisters and how differently they view love and war. It was a moving portrait of the way both women deal with the Nazi's invasion of France.

I can't weigh in on "Nora Webster" yet because I'm set to begin it tonight. As a novel shortlisted for the Mann Booker Prize, I'm hoping it won't be another letdown.








No comments:

Post a Comment