The Family

The Family

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Starting this Blog

I'm new to the blogging world - in a sense. I follow several blogs (Angie at Bring the Rain, Erin who is Home with the Boys, Lisa Jo who offers the most beautiful prose as the Gypsy Mama and Hip Homeschool Moms because I need and want the advice those wonderful women offer). But to write my own blog, that's something I've been debating. I can't imagine anyone will read these posts because I haven't told anyone I have a blog. I'm too timid to link it to my facebook page because I'm afraid no one will care. I don't have a twitter account, but am thinking about creating one to link this page through it. I read a great article in The New Yorker this week that said Twitter was the antithesis of facebook in that Facebook is to be social with those you know while Twitter is to communicate with those you don't know. Something about that just seems safer when it comes to expressing my feelings through a blog.

To be honest, it's more about writing rather than being read. I have been yearning to get these words out for so long. I have a background in journalism, but haven't written anything substantial in about 10 years. Like most people that have children, your interests and desires get put on hold for a while. Actually, I shouldn't blame the kiddos. I quit writing long before they were born and have missed it sorely.

However, with this blog, I hope some of that changes. I decided I want this space to be about three things I dearly love: my family of four, the written word and travel. Some days, more than others, this blog will be about traveling near home. When we do take trips, and we try to do this often, I hope to share our time and adventures with you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally got the courage to write a blog!! It seems very intimidating to me. Love you and make sure you also write about what you are reading. Did you ever start the Hunger Games??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! I look forward to reading more about your travels.

    Visiting from the Hip Homeschool Hop!

    ReplyDelete